Jul 19, 2009

Crowdsourcing - PMI on when to - not to - brief

So many people are really keen on Crowdsourcing - harnessing the Wisdom of the Crowd. But is it the right approach for all problems ? When I dissented, I found myself up against GroupThink, for daring to question Crowdsourcing applicability in all circumstances.

The June issue of PMI's "PM Network" has a good article which tackles Crowdsourcing. I liked their comment "Crowdsourcing doesn't work for everything. Crowds won't organize into complex structures, but they will respond efficiently with simple tasks and motivation" - sourced from Chris Townsend, I-Nova Software, Lyon, France. He believes that "companies should carefully choose which project tasks are appropriate and determine how they'll manage the process .... Project teams must also have a strategy for evaluating crowdsourced results and incorporating them into the project." 

 I have found many references to "crowdsourcing" via the RSS feeds in my Google Reader

.... MORE

 

Posted via web from kerrieannesfridgemagnets's posterous

No comments: